You First Neuro was established by Dr. Frank, a physician with 31 years of experience as an academic neurologist and thought leader in his field. Now, he fully dedicates his time to helping patients with neurological problems and providing exciting new interventions to patients with depression including transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS) and esketamine. Dr. Frank was a founder of his subspecialties of neurocritical care and vascular neurology (stroke), built two of the most reputable neurocritical care programs in the USA, conducted cutting-edge and field changing research, trained hundreds of students, and mentored colleagues from around the world. However, throughout all of those accomplishments, Dr. Frank has always been known for his unique, practical, and compassionate approach to his patients and their families. And he continues to bring this same hand-on, caring approach to every patient in his practice, pushing the envelope to help those with mental health and neurological issues.
Mental health patients see Dr. Frank to be considered for some of the newest available treatments for depression, typically in close collaboration with their existing mental health providers. As a careful listener, Dr. Frank strives to understand the lives and suffering of these patients to carefully determine what he may have to offer to help them, appropriately reaching out to present and past providers to be sure that he can develop the most comprehensive view of the problem.
Neurological patients come to see Dr. Frank from near and far for his respected opinion and guidance, often after they have already been evaluated at some of the most reputable medical centers in the country. On a case to case basis, Dr. Frank engages other relevant specialists to ensure that all patients receive the attention and depth of thought that their situations require â€“ guiding them through complex problems with a level of thoroughness and compassion that is rare in medicine these days.
Or Call Us Directly at (847) 541-4878
About Dr. J. I. Frank, MD, FAAN, FAHA
30 years of world-renowned care
- Founder and Director of Neurocritical Care at The Cleveland Clinic Foundation for 7 years
- Founder and Director of Neurocritical Care at University of Chicago Medical Center for 15 years
- Professor of Neurology at the University of Chicago for 18 years
- NIH funded researcher, changing the landscape of care for patients with brain swelling after stroke
- Co-inventor on patented tool for targeted brain cooling
- An author of more than 100 medical publications
- Featured speaker at more than 150 national and international conferences
- Director of numerous formal educational conferences
- Recipient of scores of awards as an educator and humanitarian
- Respected clinician by patients, trainees and colleagues from all over the world
- Experienced provider of some of the most cutting-edge breakthroughs in mental health such as transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS)
At You First Neuro you will have access to the most cutting-edge neurological technology available today.
INSURANCE & PAYMENTS
Dr. Frank will see ANY patient with ANY insurance. His office staff works hard to make sure that patients will NOT become burdened with expenses beyond what would be incurred when seeing any â€œin-networkâ€ specialist. This arrangement is best for his patients and allows Dr. Frank the freedom to invest in each individual patient without traditional obstacles.
For TMS patients, Dr. Frank will be considered â€œin-networkâ€ with any insurer for TMS treatment. This happens through special arrangements that are facilitated during the authorization process.